Le détail de cette offre de stage nous a été fourni en anglais. Merci pour votre compréhension.
Participate in the tasks of the Artefacts Section, in collaboration with the Collections Technician and Loan Managers.
Assist with assembling temporary exhibitions when necessary.
- Assist with storing new acquisitions, particularly items from the Olympic Games Rio 2016: ceremony costumes, sports equipment, medals, etc. Depending on the item and under the supervision of the Collections Technician, remove dust, create storage containers suitable for conservation needs, and place items in boxes or on rolls.
- Assist the collections photographer with transporting items from the stores to the photo studio and/or dress mannequins, etc.
- Document the transporting of items in the collections management system (MuseumPlus) in accordance with the procedure in place.
- Update condition reports in the system for items that have been restored.
- Assist with packing and unpacking items loaned to other institutions in collaboration with the Collections Technician. Write condition reports when items leave and return, in accordance with the model and methodology proposed by the Loan Managers.
- Make exhibition stands or suggest improvements to existing stands. Install items in collaboration with the exhibition and collection technicians.
- When necessary, and in collaboration with the exhibition technicians, assist in setting up temporary exhibitions.
- Training and language and IT skills.
- Completed or final year of museology technician and/or curator-restorer studies.
- Interest in sport and Olympism, as well as sports patrimony in order to understand their specific nature properly. The Olympic Museum collections are very wide-ranging, in terms of the types of items and materials, but include many textiles: flags, sportswear, stage and Olympic ceremony costumes.
- Mother-tongue English or French, with excellent oral and written command of the other language.
- Basic IT skills (word processing and email).
- Experience of or strong desire to learn about collections management software to ensure that locations can be monitored.
- Driving licence (automatic licence accepted).
- Forklift truck training an asset.
Please apply for this position through our website: http://registration.olympic.org/fr/jobs
Deadline: January 08, 2017
La Fondation Olympique pour la Culture et le Patrimoine
Quai d’Ouchy 1, 1006 Lausanne, Suisse
- Télécharger l'offre de stage(PDF - 175.1 Ko)